|Table of Contents|
We recommend reviewing the following pages to understand what these elements are and how they are used in a theme:
- System pages - pages that are dynamically created by Learndot based on the content added. These may contain blurbs, and the layouts may be configurable with a page template.
- Custom pages - pages you add that can fully be edited.
- Blurbs - re-usable pieces of text, that admins can configure.
- Page Template - A layout of a System Page, often multiple available to be chosen from, that contains widgets of dynamic content and blurbs.
In this section, we outline what type of theme change we support and do not support.
- Website Interface
- For customers looking to have more control over the interface and public experience of the site, the advanced option is to use the Learndot API to collect the elements you wish to display, and then render them on your existing website with links to Learndot. This method is useful for customers looking to achieve an experience that is beyond what is possible with custom pages.
- Learner Interface
- This interface is fixed, we do not support advanced changes to this interface (only the basic ones mentioned above).
Our recommendations to consider when building a learning site design
- Pages - review the existing pages (URL's) in the Theme Testing Matrix to see the available objects on each page, then work these elements into your design.
- Header links - it is best to use a set of navigation links specific to the learning site (micro-site style), rather than copying the navigation links from the main website. This is because often the main site is managed by the marketing team, and they will make updates to the main site as needed, while not update the learning site. This creates maintenance for the Education team to match the updates made to the website. To remove this maintenance, keep the styling of the main site and change the links to be relevant to the learning site. Alternatively, have the marketing team manage the branding on both the website and the learning site.
- Prepare a mockup of your desired site with responsive HTML (preferred) or in photoshop
Prepare the assets needed to build the theme
Resource Size (Pixels W x H) Format Notes Example Example of placement on site Company Logo (Website) 600 x 150 PNG Transparent logo requested Email Header Image 600 x 100 PNG This image is used as a header for emails that are sent out of the Learndot Course Banner (default) 1200 x 400 PNG Course Logo (default) 200 x 200 PNG Course Banner (Per Learning Component Type) 1200 x 400 PNG Course Logo (Per Learning Component Type) 200 x 200 PNG Course Banner (unique per course if desired) 1200 x 400 PNG Course Logo (unique per course if desired) 200 x 200 PNG Company Logo (Learner UI) PNG Often similar to website company logo but with different dimensions, transparent logo requested Favicon 16 x 16 / 32 x 32 PNG Skin.Favicon View file name favicon.ico height 250 Learner UI Banner 1200 x 400 PNG Default User Profile Picture 200 x 200 PNG Proof of Completion 1101 x 779 PNG This is used for proof of completions generated and emailed to users.