Setup & Configuration
This is a one-time configuration required before the WebEx Integration can be enabled.
The following information is required before Learndot can connect to WebEx.
Please work with your WebEx Account Manager to acquire / confirm these details:
|WebEx Username and Password|
- WebEx account used to schedule classes
- Currently support pushing events to a single WebEx account only, not multiple WebEx accounts
- This is something you'll need to ask your WebEx distributor for.
- To obtain a WebEx account for online interactive training, sign up at WebEx.
Connect to WebEx
To connect WebEx with Learndot:
- Log in as an Administrator and navigate to System > Integrations → WebEx:
- Enter the following details:
|Enabled Switch||Toggle switch to turn the Integration on or off.|
- Meeting Center
- Training Center
To learn more about the Meeting Types, see this.
|WebEx Account ID|
This is the WebEx user name.
This is the password related to the WebEx Account.
|Site ID||This is a WebEx assigned identification number that uniquely identifies your website.|
|Site Name||This is the first string in your WebEx site URL, provided by WebEx. (e.g., acme.webex.com).|
Administrators: Setting up a WebEx link for an event
Now that Learndot is configured with the details of your WebEx account, it's time to use the integration to generate a virtual training session for your Public Class or Engagement.
However, a few things to know first:
- WebEx does not support non-continuous events.
- Data syncing is only available from Learndot to WebEx, and not from WebEx to Learndot.
- The "Push to WebEx" option is only visible for events with online locations.
- When a virtual training session is created, Learndot sends WebEx the following information: Course Objectives, Event Name, Event interval(s) & duration(s).
- Once the session is created, WebEx sends Learndot a session ID. Learndot constructs a session URL that represents the entire virtual event.
(The same session URL will be used for all intervals of the same event.)
- If updating an existing online event, please be aware the WebEx reservation will not be automatically updated.
You'll be creating a new virtual training session for the updated schedule, and canceling the existing WebEx reservation.
WebEx only supports single day or continuous events. For example, an event that runs on Monday between 8 - 10 AM or from Monday to Friday between 8 - 10 AM.
WebEx does not support non-continuous events. For example, if an event is created with sessions on Monday 8 - 10 AM / Wednesday 8 - 9 AM / Friday 9 - 11 AM. The "Push to WebEx" button will be greyed out. To handle such event schedules, please create a separate Event for each day.
Creating a WebEx link
As an Administrator, after you have set up your Public Class or Engagement, you can then generate a WebEx link to add virtual training to your event. To do this:
- Click on the right-hand menu labeled "Push To WebEx" (only available for online locations):
- Enter a Password if needed, else press Save. Note: This step is Optional.
If this is your first time generating a WebEx link, you will be required to log in with the WebEx Account used during initial setup. This authorizes Learndot to create the WebEx Meeting on your behalf.
Once authorized, you will either see a success message stating that the WebEx link was created, with a link to view the meeting in WebEx - or an error message if the link was not created successfully.
If the link was successfully generated, the Event's comment section will be updated with the newly generated session link. The event's Session URL field will also be updated.
The WebEx session will be created in the timezone of the event's location. However, Learndot and WebEx may use different terminology for the same timezone. For example - Learndot's "US/Central" timezone maps to WebEx's "Mexico City" timezone - both are GMT -06:00.
Instructors: Running a virtual WebEx event
As an Instructor, upon login you will be presented with your personalized Instructor Dashboard. This complete Dashboard has all you need to jump right into your Virtual Event.
You have a compact view of all upcoming classes, a calendar view, profile, calendar feeds, and forums.
Starting the Virtual event
After logging in, the Calendar and the "Up Next" portions provide the quickest way to begin.
To find your virtual event:
- Click on the Calendar entry or the ID under the Up Next portion.
- Click on the URL in the comments section.
- You will be directed to the WebEx session.
- Click on the link that says, 'start your meeting'.
- Verify your identity - enter your WebEx Username and Password.
- If prompted, download and install any necessary add-ons.
- The virtual training session will now begin.
WebEx Calendar View
As an Instructor, you can easily find all your scheduled meetings in WebEx. Simply:
Learner: Attending a virtual WebEx event
So, you are a Learner and need to attend a virtual WebEx event? Just log in to Learndot with your username and password, and follow the steps below:
Launching the WebEx event via your Dashboard
Your Learndot Dashboard will show you all the various types of learning you are enrolled in.
- Find your Event and click View Details.
- Click 'Join WebEx' to launch Meeting.
- You will be redirected to the WebEx session.
- If the session has not begun yet, the status of the Meeting will be "Not Started".
- Else, if the WebEx session has begun, the status of Meeting will be "Started"
- Enter your Name and Email Address
- Press Join
- Success, you have joined the WebEx meeting, it's time to get learning.
Email Notifications - Registration & Reminders
As an enrollee into a virtual event, you will also receive an email with the session details. which can be viewed via your email client or within your Learndot inbox.
- In Learndot, you can find the email by logging into your Learner account and clicking on the mail icon (Inbox).
- The Event Instructor may also choose to send you reminder emails. These emails also can also be found via your Learndot Inbox or email client.