Setup & Configuration
This is a one-time configuration required before the GoToTraining Integration can be enabled.
The following information is required before Learndot can connect to GoToTraining.
Please work with your GoToTraining Account Manager to acquire / confirm these details:
Obtaining an API key
- Go to https://www.citrix.com/community/citrix-developer/signup.html
- Register for a developer account (you may skip this step if you already have a developer account)
- Log in using the developer account. You may be requested to grant permission for Developer Center application to access your GoToTraining Account. Click Allow.
- You will be forwarded to "My Apps" section, there will be a button allowing you to "Add a new App", click this button.
- Fill in the form as follows:
|Description||Integration between Learndot and GoToTraining|
|Application URL||https://<Learndot Enterprise Base URL>/plugin/connector/gototraining/oauth/|
- The App is now created. Click on the newly created App to find the API Key.
Keep the API (Consumer) key and Consumer Secret. It will be required when setting up the connection in Learndot.
Connect to GoToTraining
To connect GoToTraining with Learndot:
- Log in as an Administrator and navigate to Setup > System Settings.
- Search for plugin.connector.gototraining.apikey and if it does not exist proceed to do the following steps as shared below.
- Hit on the "New" button and placed the following details on the Name field - "plugin.connector.gototraining.apikey"
- Ensure the "Type" is always "String" and hit on "Save"
- API (Consumer) key in the Value field, and
- Consumer Secret in the Description
- Hit Save
Administrators: Setting up a GoToTraining link for an event
Now that Learndot is configured with the details of your GoToTraining account, it's time to use the integration to generate a virtual training session for your Public Class or Engagement.
However, a few things to know first:
Few things you need to know
- Data syncing is only available from Learndot to GoToTraining, and not from GoToTraining to Learndot.
- The "Push to GoToTraining" option is visible for events with online and physical locations.
- When a virtual training session is created, Learndot sends GoToTraining the following information: Course Description, Event Name, Event interval(s) & duration(s).
- Keep in mind that there are character limits for training titles/descriptions and others, see here.
- Once the session is created, GoToTraining sends Learndot a session ID. Learndot constructs a session URL that represents the entire virtual event and is used for Student registration. Learndot also constructs another link in the comments section for the Instructor to begin the virtual training session. (The same session URL will be used for all intervals of the same event.)
- If updating an existing online event, please be aware the GoToTraining reservation will not be automatically updated.
You'll be creating a new virtual training session for the updated schedule, cancelling the existing one. Also, any existing registrants will also have to re-register
If an Event that has been pushed before to GoToTraining, pushing will create a new scheduled training.
Creating a GoToTraining Link
As an Administrator, after you have set up your Public Class or Engagement, you can then generate a GoToTraining link to add virtual training to your event. To do this:
- Click on the right hand menu labelled "Push To GoToTraining"
If this is your first time generating a GoToTraining link, you will be required to log in with the GoToTraining Account used during initial setup. This authorizes Learndot to create the GoToTraining Meeting on your behalf.
- Click Allow to authorize Learndot.
Once authorized, you will either see a success message stating that the GoToTraining link was created, with a link to view the meeting in GoToTraining - or an error message if the link was not created successfully.
If the link was successfully generated:
- The Event's comment section will be updated with the newly generated session link for the Instructor to begin training. And,
- The Event's Session URL field will also be updated for the learners to register for the training session.
The GoToTraining session will be created in the timezone of the event's location. However, Learndot and GoToTraining may use different terminology for the same timezone. For example - Learndot's "US/Central" timezone maps to GoToTraining "Mexico City" timezone - both are GMT -06:00.
Co-organizers are available for GoToTraining, but first, the Administrator must enable Content Sharing from the Admin Center and also, the Co-organizers have to be on the same corporate (multi-organizer) account in order to start the training. Otherwise, you can promote an attendee to Co-organizer once the session has started, and hand off the training to them. For further information, see: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/training/all_files/G2T040005
Instructors: Running a virtual GoToTraining event
As an Instructor, upon login you will be presented with your personalized Instructor Dashboard. This complete Dashboard has all you need to jump right into your Virtual Event.
You have a compact view of all upcoming classes, a calendar view, profile, calendar feeds, and forums.
Starting the Virtual event
After logging in, the Calendar and the "Up Next" portions provide the quickest way to begin.
To find your virtual event:
- Click on the Calendar entry or the ID under the Up Next portion.
- Click on the URL in the comments section.
- You will be directed to the GoToTraining session. For authentication purposes, login again if needed.
- Click on the link that says, 'start your meeting'.
- The virtual training session will now begin.
View Upcoming Virtual events
As an Instructor, you can easily find all your scheduled meetings in GoToTraining. Simply:
Learner: Attending a Virtual GoToTraining event
So, you are a Learner and need to attend a virtual GoToTraining event? Just log in to Learndot with your username and password, and follow the steps below:
Launching the GoToTraining event via your Dashboard
Your Learndot Dashboard will show you all the various types of learning you are enrolled in.
- Find your Event and click View Details.
- Click 'Join Training' to launch Meeting.
- You will be redirected to the GoToTraining session.
- Enter your details, including First Name, Last Name and Email.
- Press Register
- If the session has not begun yet, you will be advised to join the session during the time displayed in the schedule.
- Else, if the GoToTraining session has begun, you will be redirected.
If prompted, please install all necessary Add-ons to ensure a smooth experience via GoToTraining.
- Success, you have joined the GoToTraining meeting, it's time to get learning.
Email Notifications - Registration & Reminders
As an enrollee into a virtual event, you will also receive an email with the session details. which can be viewed via your email client or within your Learndot inbox.
- In Learndot, you can find the email by logging into your Learner account and clicking on the mail icon (Inbox).
- The Event Instructor may also choose to send you reminder emails. These emails also can also be found via your Learndot Inbox or email client.