Translate.com is a service that takes the text on a website and translates it into the user's selected language. It has the ability to detect the browser language and auto-translate the page on first visit.
To add this service to your Learndot site:
- Create an account with Translate.com (free for testing up to 2 languages, and paid plans are available also)
- Once logged in, click on the menu option Website Localizer
- Then click Add Website
- Work through the options provided in the popup:
- Website Info:
- What is the URL of your website? <please put in your Learndot URL>
- Website language: English
- Translate to: <choose languages> (free account supports 2 languages, paid plans support more)
- Copy code:
- Copy the code provided, it will look something like (your key will be unique):
- In Learndot, edit the blurb called: skin.header.content.blurb (more on Blurbs)
- Paste the code from Google Translate into the pageHeader blurb at the top and press save
- View the landing page and test out the translate button
Note: There may or may not be a delay (~4h) before the auto-detecting of the browser language is picked up by translate.com.